Horse back riding is one of the featured adventures at Callidora Ranch. You will be able to tack and groom the horse for a true hands-on and bonding experience. Horses are assigned based on your riding experience so that regardless of your skill level you will enjoy this adventure.
All tours begin in our professional riding arena lined with soft river sand. There you will have time to get acquainted with your horse. All of our guides are well-educated in natural horsemanship and will give tips on how to sit and ride your horse.
We ride in groups as small as three and as large as eight. Our minimum ride lasts 1 hour and begins at the arena, crosses the pastures, and descends 60 feet into a long ravine that ramps up into open pasture. You will experience a creek crossing, wooded trails, a nice variety of paths—spacious, hilly, straight and winding—that lead to a meadow.
By this time you are about half way. After the meadow, your horse will take you to the perimeter trail where you will walk along the edge of a ravine and enter the lowest elevation of the trails. You will cross two creeks and begin the long ascent to the front pastures where other enthusiastic horses will greet you.
Lastly, you enter the dam bypass—also known as the divide—and cross the pond land bridge, which brings you to the home stretch of trail ride. Walk another 800 feet and you will wonder where the hour went. Warning: you might be tempted to do the entire experience all over again. Your final moments of the trail ride adventure are spent untacking your horse and giving him or her a well-deserved rinse and brush-down.
For your own reward, mosey on over to our café where you can spend some down time sipping on some coffee or a cold drink. Relax in the observation bar and watch others as they prepare for their next adventure.
For safety reasons and to match horse and rider appropriately, see height/weight guidelines below:
|5’0″ & under||150 lbs limit|
|5’1″ to 5’2″||160 lbs limit|
|5’3″ to 5’4″||170 lbs limit|
|5’5″ to 5’6″||180 lbs limit|
|5’7″||190 lbs limit|
|5’8″||200 lbs limit|
|5’9″||210 lbs limit|
|5’10”||220 lbs limit|
|5’11”||230 lbs limit|
|6’0″ to 6’1″||240 lbs limit|
|6’2″ to 6’5″||250 lbs limit|
If you have any questions concerning our riding policy, please call us at 678-392-3935.
- All riders under 18 must wear a helmet
- An adult must accompany all riders under 16
- All riders must sign the liability waiver.
- Weight limit on a horse is 250 lbs
- All riders must wear closed-toe shoes
- All riders must wear knee length shorts or long pants
- Insect repellant
- Change of clothes/shoes
- Trained guides to make your experience great
- Extras (for a fee), such as go pro camera, bottled water, etc.
- If you are a party of between 1 and 5, a 24-hour notice is required in order to receive a refund
- If you are a party of 6 or more, a 72-hour notice is required in order to receive a refund.
- All tours are conducted rain or shine. In the event that Callidora Ranch Adventures determines weather conditions to be unsafe, guests will be rescheduled or given a full refund